Do you want to write with the right updated resume examples 2017? Applying for a job isn’t easy because of the tight competition to face along the way. There can be many applicants to apply for the same slot. In this case, your main mission or goal must be proving you are unique and that you are a standout among the rest. To get started, check out the following to help you with your updated resume.
Tips for Updated Resume Examples 2017
Below are some tips to help you during the resume writing process:
- Even if you are using resume templates, check and see if it fits your industry so that you can create an updated resume format 2017. Choose the one that also suits your personal situation, including your job experience, skills and other factors. Go for the chronological format if you have solid work experience in the same industry or the functional format if you don’t have the skills but you don’t have solid work experience. You can use the combination format if you want to emphasis both the features in the chronological and functional format. You can also review the best CV examples 2017.
- Format your resume professionally. Don’t use fancy fonts and paper color or type. Use an A4 paper, and choose a professional font, including Arial or Times New Roman. For the size, you can use between 10 and 12, and for the margins, use one to 1.25 inches on four sides. When submitting through email, save your resume in PDF or DOCX.
- Ensure your updated resume format 2017 is tailored for the job posting, read and understand the advertisement so that you can meet the demands and requirements of the company in finding the perfect applicant for the position. Use resume keywords, which you can also find in the advertisement. Highlight these on your paper by mentioning the accomplishments you had in your previous positions, quantifying your achievements in the application.
Finally, make sure that you read and understand the job posting to tailor your resume based on it. Learn more tips in writing an impressive resume that increases your exposure and chances for the job.
Resume Bloopers People Have Made
Do you know that people can write the strangest things in their resume? Sometimes aside from writing weird details on their CV, they also do weird things that just made their chances of being hired become negative.
There are a lot of recruiting managers who cannot help but laugh at some of the things that they have read but some CVs, they did not bother reading because just by looking at it, they already know that some people are not worth hiring.
- Candidate included a letter from the mother. This is okay if you are in grade school and you need an excuse letter why you were late or why you did not attend your morning classes. It can even work up to a certain point in high school but when you are applying for a job and you include a letter from your mother, this means that you are not ready for the real world just yet.
- Candidate sends a resume covered in chocolate marks. Perhaps you have printed your CV and you are so happy with it that you tried to read it all over and over again. You did not think about the fact that you were eating chocolate and that some chocolate may have dripped on your CV, right? If your CV showcases how messy you are, your chances of getting hired just go down the drain.
- Candidate included the whole family medical history. This may be needed by the doctor who is going to do a full medical check up but companies do not need to know your full medical history especially if you would place in details that will only make the recruiter embarrassed for you.
There are some other weird resumes out there. Some have even tried making a play out of their very own resume. You can already guess that the person was never hired by the companies that she sent the CV to. It will be easy to avoid the above mentioned resume bloopers but make sure that you will not make your own mistakes too.